I can’t tell you much about the Kona Inn, but if you’re craving some delicious banana bread I promise this recipe will bring you satisfaction.
When Stepmother left me and my sister as young adults she knew we would be left craving some of the fine baked goodies we were brought up on so she was kind enough to leave us each with a thoughtfully prepared binder of her favorite recipes. I’ve held on to my binder all of these years since then, and this banana bread recipe is one of my all time favorites. It turns out so moist and flavorful you will be tempted to eat it all before it has a chance to cool.
Kona Inn Banana Bread
Yields: Two Loaves, Prep Time: 20 minutes, Baking Time: 45-60 minutes
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup softened un-salted butter
- 6 ripe bananas, mashed (approximately 3 cups)
- 4 eggs, well-beaten
- 2 1/2 cups cake flower
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- With an electric beater, cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add bananas and eggs, beating until well mixed.
- Sift together dry ingredients three times. Blend with banana mixture, but do not over mix.
- Pour into (2) lightly greased loaf pans. Bake for 45 minutes to one hour, until firm in the centers and the edges begin to separate from pans.
- Cool on a rack for 10 minutes before removing from pans.
- These freeze beautifully.